Rosie Perez

Rosie Perez was the daughter of Lydia Perez, a merchant marine and Ismael Serano. She was born in Bushwick Brooklyn, New York City. She is of Puerto Rican descent. Rosie attended Grover Cleveland High School, Ridgewood, Queens, New York. She then was enrolled at Los Angeles City College, Los Angeles, California. Rosie Perez was just starting her second year in college and about to return to New York. She was invited to a moving-away celebration by her classmates. When Spike Lee proposed that she be part of his movie Do the Right Thing (1989), she accepted. This was her first major acting part. In Peter Weir's Fearless (1993) she played the part of Carla Rodrigo, for which she was nominated to win an Academy Award for Best Supporting Artist. She was defeated by Anna Paquin, for The Piano (1993). The Latin community was the root for the majority of my criticism in the beginning of my career. I can remember being taken out for lunch and telling me "Can you take lessons to lessen your accent?" or, "When it's a talk show, how are you going to not be so funny? Some people were so critical of my voice, they dealt me a lot of snark. I really did try to improve my voice however it was the way I spoke. Thank God, my octaves decreased as I got older. Boxing is all about beating your fears. It's more than just fighting for your self. Floyd Mayweather could get punched by a straight punch in the middle, right to his face - and he wouldn't flinch. And I understand what he's doing. [Who mentioned Don Cornelius watching her dance]: Don Cornelius did not want to know how I performed - I was dancing hip-hop, and it was unheard of by people living in California. They were only acquainted with locking and popping, so hip-hop dance was not something they wanted to study. Don was like, "No. You're one of us. I was like, What? This is really bizarre. Then I had to perform in high-heeled shoes. I've had never danced in high heels before. I was wearing the tiniest short dressthat's going up my stomach and I'm all like, Oh my God



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amanda Lamb personal life

Beautiful Pics Of Amber Theoharis and Amber Valletta Feet And Legs

Beautiful pics of Tana Mongeau feet & legs